THE DAY-LIGHT CHOIR
The Choir is currently launching a diaspora-inspired 'Big Sing', tying in with the Day-Light Group's 'DiaspAURA' project!
The Day-Light Choir was established in 2015 with the help of Arts Council England, as part of the Around The Clock event. St. Day has a tradition of choirs and it is great to have re-established a choir within the village.
Since it started we have had an exciting programme of events, including:
- Working with Tim Ashton and Athene Roberts (3 Daft Monkeys) on The St. Day Clock Tower Song and performing it at a variety of events including Lost in Song Lostwithiel and at Carn Marth Amphitheatre.
- Visiting Black and White Studios to make a CD of this specially commissioned song the St Day Carol and Cornish Lads. (Available in our shop)
- Working with guest choir leader Jon Cleave (of Fisherman's Friends fame) on traditional Cornish songs
- Performing at the celebratory event 'Around The Clock' in the autumn 2015, as part of the Community Christmas Carols night.
- Joining the Man Engine Choir at Heartlands and the finale at Geevor and singing to audiences of thousands
The Day-Light Choir is open to anyone who wants to join.
There is no need to audition.
Come and join us on Sundays, 5pm - 6.30pm, at St Day Community Centre. Membership is £5 per session. We are led by Chris Symons.
If you would like to join the choir contact us!
The St Day Clock Tower Song CD is available in our shop!
The choir perform in St Day's Old Church, in preparation for 'DiaspAURA' Light Festival.